More Things That Are Awesome
Sometimes, I just want to talk about random things that are awesome that make me smile, okay, guys?
- The To Do List – This movie has a pretty stellar cast, starring Aubrey Plaza, Rachel Bilson (woo, The OC!), Connie Britton (woo, Friday Night Lights!), Clark Gregg (woo, Avengers!), Andy Samberg, Bill Hader, Alia Shawkat (woo, Arrested Development!), Donald Glover (okay, I can’t woo anymore), and Scott Porter (also of FNL fame). Basically, Brandy is a virgin and she wants to change that, so she makes a to do list to make it happen. The movie is funny and sex positive – the message is basically “sex is a big deal but it’s not THAT big of a deal” – and I really enjoyed it. Great way to spend a Saturday night.
- Painting – I have been wanting to try my hand at painting for a while, but funds are tight – yay for pretty much living paycheck to paycheck – and so I waited until I got a bit of Christmas money to splurge on some painting supplies. I did my first abstract painting the other night, and while I don’t think I’m ever going to be a famous artist or anything, it was really FUN. I am excited to do another one.
- Sunday morning crepes – Crepes are one of my most favorite things ever, and I love Sunday mornings when Bryan gets up and makes them for us. If Sundays didn’t mean going back to work the next day, I think they would be my favorite.
- Seeing friends we don’t see very often – Though the move from Edmonton was definitely the right thing for us, there are a lot of things that we miss about our old home: the beautiful river valley, our favorite restaurants, the festivals, and more. I find myself missing it more than I ever dreamed possible. But mostly, we miss the people that we love. So when a few of those people decide to head to Calgary for the weekend, well, obviously, we have to get together!
- Name nerding – I am fascinated by names. Consistently, my favorite posts on LaineyGossip are Duana’s name posts. So logging into Facebook to see this post that my friend Carly had shared, well, add that to my Sunday morning crepes, and I was a pretty darn happy lady.
What are some of the things that are awesome in your life right now?
The following two tabs change content below.
Jessica can most often be found with her nose in a book, or writing her newest short story/screenplay/novel, but she also has a passion for travel, child-care & development, psychology, feminism (and other forms of equality), and making the world a better place in general. Email Me
Latest posts by Jessica (see all)
- The One Year Mark: 101 in 1001 - March 1, 2014
- Quitting My Job Without Another One Lined Up Was the Best Risk I Ever Took - February 24, 2014
- Canmore: A Photo Essay - February 19, 2014