Things That Are Awesome
- Friendsmas. We went over to a good friend’s house on Friday evening for a potluck turkey dinner (we obviously skipped the turkey part, but there was so much other food, we didn’t even notice) and games. It was a blast, and I hope to make it a jolly holiday tradition.
- Getting Christmas cards. We have such sweet, talented family and friends, and it was thrilling to open three cards the other day. One was delightfully homemade and artistic, another was accompanied by homemade biscotti, and another included photos of my cousin’s completely adorable munchkins. Boom. Need I explain again why Christmas is my favorite time of year?
- Friday Night Lights. So incredibly late to this party (it has been off the air for two years already) but OH MY GOD, this show. I don’t think it’s possible for me to love it more. I might start sleeping with it under my pillow.
- Finding a whole bunch of new and wonderful blogs to read (Lauren McGlynn Photography, Peonies and Polaroids, Another Damn Life).
- Finally putting into motion my freelance side project that has had me deep-in-my-bones terrified for literally years, and finding that it’s really not as scary as all of that. Hard, yes, but not so scary.
What awesome things are happening in your life lately?
The following two tabs change content below.
Jessica can most often be found with her nose in a book, or writing her newest short story/screenplay/novel, but she also has a passion for travel, child-care & development, psychology, feminism (and other forms of equality), and making the world a better place in general. Email Me
Latest posts by Jessica (see all)
- The One Year Mark: 101 in 1001 - March 1, 2014
- Quitting My Job Without Another One Lined Up Was the Best Risk I Ever Took - February 24, 2014
- Canmore: A Photo Essay - February 19, 2014