All Aboard the Goal Train: 101 in 1001
Sarah over at The Chronicles of S had a very inspirational post last Friday: she is doing a 101 in 1001 challenge. Basically, 101 goals in 1001 days. I have been all about goal setting lately and I thought this was an amazing way to really light a fire under my ass. So I decided to make one of my own! It was really fun to come up with 101 things, big and little, selfless and self-centred, superficial and deep. Feel free to make your own, and do share if you do! I am hoping I can convince someone to join the challenge. Ahem, Bryan? 😉
Start date: March 1, 2013
End date: November 26, 2015Completed items crossed out
In progress items in italics
1. Host a dinner party.
2. Go skinny dipping.
3. Learn to drive a standard.
4. Send my mom flowers.
5. Do something nice for my stepmom.
6. Take my dad to a baseball game.
7. Spend a day with my stepdad.
8. Send out Christmas cards (on time!)
9. Take a yoga class.
10. Take a martial arts class.
11. Take a circus aerials class.
12. Try 20 new restaurants (/20)
13. Spend a day with each sibling, doing whatever they want to do, paid for by me.
14. Travel to SE Asia.
15. Return to Ireland.
16. Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
17. Take a cooking class.
18. Take a swing dance class with Bryan.
19. Visit 5 new states. (/5)
20. Visit 15 new countries. (/15)
21. Make one new recipe every week for 3 months. (/12)
22. Complete Mud Hero.
23. Run a half-marathon.
24. Run a marathon.
25. Be conversational in French.
26. Go bungee jumping.
27. Model for a boudoir session.
28. Have a real picnic, blanket included.
29. Go skydiving.
30. Read 200 new books. (1/200)
31. Donate to a charity.
32. Volunteer at a crisis center/hotline.
33. Unplug for 24 hours.
34. Watch all of the Academy Award winners for Best Picture. (/87)
35. Watch all 52 Disney feature films. (/52)
36. Make 3 new friends.
37. Write a book.
38. Go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
39. Watch 5 documentaries. (/5)
40. Give up all junk food for one month.
41. Develop my own TV show.
42. Apply for a job in TV.
43. Start or join a writers’ group.
44. Join Toastmasters or take a public speaking class.
45. Learn to play guitar.
46. Go on an extended road trip (30+ days).
47. Visit all Canadian provinces and territories. (/13)
48. Build a house with Habitat for Humanity.
49. See The Nutcracker ballet.
50. Host an event for both my family and Bryan’s.
51. Find a job that I love.
52. Do a massive purge and organization of all our stuff.
53. Do 5 things I have been avoiding because I am afraid of failing. (/5)
54. Buy a cute alarm clock and stop using my phone as an alarm.
55. Take a photo I am proud of. Have it printed and framed.
56. Start a meditation practice.
57. Volunteer at Christmas time.
58. Read the bible, the Quran, the Torah, and the writings of Buddha.
59. Be debt free.
60. Write a song.
61. Learn to ski or snowboard.
62. Read the complete works of Shakespeare. (3/39)
63. Make perogies from scratch.
64. Have my writing published.
65. Celebrate St Patrick’s Day in Ireland.
66. Visit Stonehenge.
67. Watch a movie at a drive-in theatre.
68. Get my second tattoo.
69. Wear a bikini in public.
70. Spend a day with Bryan, doing whatever he wants, paid for by me.
71. Grow my hair past my shoulders.
72. Have my eyebrows waxed. Maintain them for a month.
73. Get a manicure.
74. Buy fancy stationary.
75. Send 50 handwritten notes. (/50)
76. Do 10 random acts of kindness. (/10)
77. Go to New Zealand.
78. Find the perfect pair of jeans.
79. Try surfing.
80. Buy a pair of leather pants. Wear them.
81. Go horseback riding.
82. Buy myself a designer purse.
83. Adopt a pet.
84. Try Indian food.
85. Try 10 new foods. (/10)
86. Have an old-fashioned slumber party.
87. Try a new art medium.
88. Have a wardrobe I love that reflects my style better.
89. Give blood 3 times. (/3)
90. Learn to change a tire.
91. Take a professional make-up class.
92. Do karaoke solo.
93. Go on a roller coaster.
94. Go all out on a Halloween costume.
95. Apply for another degree.
96. Complete a triathlon.
97. Save $5000.
98. Establish a skin care routine that works for me.
99. Go vegan for one week.
100. Buy fancy lingerie.
101. Put $10 into savings for each goal that I accomplish.
Let me know if you decide to start your own list! And even if you don’t, what are some goals that you have been working on lately?
Latest posts by Jessica (see all)
- The One Year Mark: 101 in 1001 - March 1, 2014
- Quitting My Job Without Another One Lined Up Was the Best Risk I Ever Took - February 24, 2014
- Canmore: A Photo Essay - February 19, 2014