101 in 1001
Sarah over at The Chronicles of S had a very inspirational post at the beginning of March: she is doing a 101 in 1001 challenge. Basically, 101 goals in 1001 days. I have been all about goal setting lately and I thought this was an amazing way to really light a fire under my ass. So I decided to make one of my own! It was really fun to come up with 101 things, big and little, selfless and self-centered, superficial and deep. Feel free to make your own, and please share if you do! I am hoping I can convince someone to join the challenge. Ahem, Bryan? 😉
Make sure you check back often to see how it is progressing!
Start date: March 1, 2013
End date: November 26, 2015
1. Take a yoga class.
2. Take a martial arts class.
3. Try out circus aerials.
4. Complete Mud Hero. (August 10, 2013)
5. Run a half-marathon. (I’ve registered for the Edmonton half-marathon!)
6. Complete a 30 Day Yoga Challenge.
7. Complete a triathlon.
8. Give up junk food for one month. (A Year Without Junk Food) (January 6 – February 5, 2014)
9. Go vegan for one week. (challenge & followup)
10. Model for a boudoir session.
11. Wear a bikini in public.
12. Grow my hair past my shoulders again.
13. Get my eyebrows waxed. Maintain for a month.
14. Get a manicure/pedicure.
15. Buy a pair of leather pants. Rock them.
16. Buy myself a designer purse.
17. Have a wardrobe I love.
18. Take a professional make-up lesson.
19. Establish a skin care routine.
20. Buy fancy underwear.
21. Find the perfect pair of jeans.
23. Visit SE Asia.
24. Return to Ireland.
25. Go snorkelling.
26. Visit 5 states. (1/5) Florida
27. Visit 1 new country.
29. Try a new sport.
30. Go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
31. Roadtrip for at least 7 days.
32. Go skiing (haven’t done this since I injured my knee 7 years ago!)
33. Visit all Canadian provinces and territories. (2/13) Alberta, BC
34. Go to California.
35. Watch a movie in a drive-in theatre.
36. Go to Montreal.
38. Go horseback riding.
39. Ride a rollercoaster.
40. Celebrate St Patrick’s Day in Ireland.
41. Host a dinner party.
42. Spend a day with my mom, just the two of us.
43. Take my dad to a baseball game.
44. Do something nice for each of my stepparents.
45. Organize a surprise for Bryan’s mom.
46. Send out Christmas cards.
47. Spend a day with each sibling, doing whatever they want, paid for by me. (/4)
48. Spend a day with Bryan, doing whatever he wants, paid for by me.
49. Take a class with Bryan (dance? cooking?).
50. Make 3 new friends. (3/3)
51. Meet an internet friend in person.
52. Host an event for both my family and Bryan’s.
Buy fancy stationary and send out 50 handwritten letters. (43/50)
54. Host an old-fashioned slumber party.
55. Write a book.
56. Develop my own TV show.
57. Start or join a writer’s group.
Take a great photo. Print it and hang it.
59. Write a song.
60. Be published.
61. Get my second tattoo.
62. Try a new art medium. (Painting!)
63. Go all out on a Halloween/cosplay costume.
64. Make a time capsule. (Thanks Bri, your 8-year-old self is both adorable and inspiring!)
65. Apply for a TV job.
66. Have a job I love.
67. Be debt free.
68. Apply for another degree.
69. Save $10 000.
70. Donate to a charity.
71. Volunteer at a crisis center/hotline.
72. Volunteer with kids (at a school, BBBS, etc).
73. Volunteer at Christmas 2013 & 2014 (1/2)
74. Adopt a pet.
75. Give blood 3 times. (3/3)
76. 10 Random Acts of Kindness. (5/10)
77. Try 10 new restaurants. (20/10) Market Lane, Cork; Il Padrino, Cork; Havana, Dublin; Riverside Bistro, Edmonton; The Tea Place, Edmonton; Padmanadi, Edmonton; Fionn McCool’s, Edmonton; Sam’s, Red Deer; Noorish, Edmonton; The Curry Bowl, Fernie; China Island, Calgary; Under the High Wheel, Edmonton; Cibo, Calgary; Purple Perk, Calgary; Evil Dave’s, Jasper; Rajdoot, Calgary; Wurst, Calgary; Mission Diner, Calgary; Tamarind, Calgary; Ruby Tuesday, Orlando
78. Take a cooking class.
79. Cook 12 new recipes myself. (2/12)
80. Make perogies from scratch. (a friend passed along a great recipe that I cannot wait to try!)
81. Try Indian food.
82. Try 10 new foods. (10/10) Gorgonzola cheese, Indian food (veggie samosas, a chick pea dish, Indian rice pudding type thing, fried cheese balls), Stilton cheese, baked grapefruit (grapefruit itself, actually), eggs benedict, starfruit, dragonfruit, curry, fig, pattypan squash
83. Learn to drive a standard.
84. Be conversant in French.
85. Read 200 new-to-me books. (140/200 as of March 29, 2014)
86. Spend a whole weekend unplugged.
87. Complete a No Spend month. (September 3 – October 2, 2013)
88. Complete a No Garbage week.
89. Watch 5 documentaries. (5/5) The Invisible War; Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch’s War on Journalism; Food, Inc; The Greatest Movie Ever Sold; Inside Job
90. Read 5 poetry books. (3/5) Partly Cloudy by Gary Soto; Honeybee by Naomi Shihab Nye; 100 Great Poems of the 20th Century edited by Mark Strand
91. Buy a bicycle.
92. See The Nutcracker ballet.
Purge and organize EVERYTHING we own.
94. Get CPR/First Aid certified.
95. Do 5 things I have been avoiding because of fear. (5/5) sent a very difficult email, started writing a book, applying for jobs that I actually want to do, launching my freelance business, getting a job working with children
96. Get a cute alarm clock and stop using my phone for that purpose.
97. Start a meditation practice.
98. Read the Bible, the Quran, the Torah, and the writings of Buddha. (/4)
99. Read the complete works of Shakespeare. (4/39)
100. Learn to change a tire.
101. Do karaoke solo.
Completed: 29 (and 3 halves)
In progress: 18
Let me know if you decide to start your own list! And even if you don’t, what are some goals that you have been working on lately?